New Things Coming...again



Welcome back traders! It's been awhile since I last updated this blog. My life has been busy, and this blog has not been a priority, but I'm back. Hopefully we can keep this thing rolling. 
Things are going to be a bit different from this point forward. I'm doing all of my stock market investing (for the purposes of this blog) with TD Ameritrade. Please read the sidebar of this blogsite in order to understand the purposes of this blog. If and when you decide that investing is stocks is right for you I hope you will consider using my referral link at the bottom of each blog entry. 

Why I left Robinhood and STASH

Well, I didn't exactly. I still use them some, but I no longer promote them. My reason for stopping their promotion is simple. I still believe that Robinood and STASH are great companies, and still among the best place (as far as simplicity goes) to begin investing in stocks. I stand by that assertion enough to continues to link to them on this blog, but...As you begin to learn more about how markets work and as your investments grow, you may begin to want certain things in terms of broker longevity, security of platform, customer service expediance, among other things. This is not to say the these other companies are lacking these things, but TD Ameritrade has been around for many years and have a proven track record of enhanced security and excellent 24/7 customer service via phone and email. This just adds an extra layer of security that brings comfort to old guys like me. 

So what's next?

I will continue to post the progress of this account here on this page. I will try to do so each weekend, but no promises. I have added a few holdings to my portfolio, but this is subject to change. The core holdings to this point have been TQQQ, SPXL, UDOW, and FNGU. These are all triple-leveraged ETNs (exchange traded notes). I have also added ARK family of ETFs. Yes, my portfolio is tech-lopsided. It is not recommended by investing professionals, but then again, I'm not here seeking advice from those guys either. I don't find it as risky as many people do. I feel that I am rather well diversified because I do hold SPXL (S&P 500 ETN) and UDOW (Dow Jones Indurtial Average ETN). Those two ETNs give me a good amount of diversity. I may not keep the ARK ETNs long term. I've not decided yet. I do intend on keeping the core of my portfolio in TQQQ, UDOW, SPXL, and FNGU. If I make changes to those I will let you know my reasons.
One last thing on this subject, at the time of this writing I do not have anything in UDOW. I opted out of UDOW when I changed over to TD Ameritrade for a short time intending to buy it again as funds were avaailable. After averaging down into my current holdings the market continued to decline and I am just riding out the downturn. Once the market rebounds and I get to rebalance my portfolio I will add UDOW to the list again.

What about Cryptocurrency?

I'm so glad you asked!!! Yes, I have recently started trading cryptocurrencies. Actually, I am only trading Bitcoin, and will probably stick with it alone for awhile. I will be sharing my trading technique and my portfolio with you starting around the first week of April 2021 if not sooner. 

Why only Bitcoin?

I do not have any problem at all with the other coins out in Cryptoworld. I have a very limited understanding of the coins, and I believe that it can be very overwhelming to baby boomers and some of us GenX folks because it is quite different from the status-quo of economics that we were raised to understand. That being said, I think it is important to keep this blog focused on one coin for simplicity sake, and that one coin will be the one that started it all, BITCOIN. 

Wrapping it all up

I am so excited to get back to this blog and helping people just like you who may lack the confidence to get started investing. On this page I hope that you can find a glimmer of hope that you need to get you motivated to be more responsible with what G_d has blessed you with. As you learn and grow be sure to teach your children how to invest properly. It doesn't matter if they are grown and living on their own, you can still be an example by doing it youself and teaching them what you've learned. They will never stop learning from you, mom and dad, if you never stop teaching them.

Thank you so much for following this blog. I hope you gain the courage to become all you can be in every area of life, not just finance! 



If you would like to start trading but may want to start by using smaller amounts of money, I highly reccommend you start with either Robinhood or STASH. If you will use the links provided below to sign up you will get either a free stock from Robinhood, or cash from STASH.

And if you would like sign up with TD Ameritrade with a nice bonus gift you will need to send me an email with your first and last name and I'll send you the invitation in response. My email is truckinbox@aol.com 

If you are interested in trading Cyryptocurrency, sign up for Coinbase using my link and you will get a gift of $10 plus the chance to start earning free crypto once you have an account set up.  Sign up at https://www.coinbase.com/join/vaughn_jrt?src=android-share

Comments

Fan Voted Favorite Posts!