Lecture Review: 3000 Years of Judaism in 30 Day: Understanding Jewish History, Beliefs, and Practices by Howard N. Lupovitch



Over the last few years I have been studying and learning about Jewish culture and some of their religious practices and beliefs. This lecture came up on my Audible "suggested listens" list. It has taken me a month to get through it all, and I must say that as much as I have learned over the last few years, this lecture has peeled off more layers of the onion skin than what I thought could be done! 

I think it is important to understand going into this lecture that Judaism is not JUST a religious practice. There is much more involved. It is a complete culture and lifestyle that has an incredibly interesting and world changing history.  I believe there is something here for everyone. 

I suggest listening to it as a daily devotion, one lecture per day. Each lecture sticks with one topic. Each topic is thoroughly covered and packed with an enormous amount of information. If you have ever wondered why the Jewish people believe and act in certain ways that you do not understand because of your religious background, then this lecture series is for you. If you simply want a better understanding of who they are historically, then again this lecture series is for you! 

This is not a series aimed at converting anyone to Judaism. It is most likely a University professor giving a well studied lecture on a topic he is well versed on. 


*Please visit the BigDaddyBigz Bookshelf!*

Before you buy another book check out the Kindle Unlimited Membership Plans

Comments

Fan Voted Favorite Posts!