A Brief Explanation Before We Get Started

 Photo by Juhasz Imre from Pexels
I am a novice trader at best. I am in no way trying to advise you on which stocks or funds to buy and sell. My only purpose in presenting you with my trades and investments is to give someone a little hope and courage to believe that they too can make money in the stock market. Many in my generation (currently 52 years old) grew up with the idea that the stock market was only for the extremely wealthy. This is simply not true, and with today's technology absolutely anyone with $5 in their bank account can start trading and investing. And if I can show you how simple it is to actually profit from it I hope you will click on one of the images for either Robinhood or STASH, create an account, and later when you too are earning money let me know that it was me who inspired you to get started. That is the purpose of this blog.
My plan moving forward is as follows. I have both a Robinhood trading account and a STASH investment account. They are similar in that you can invest or trade stocks, but are largely different in products offered and how soon you can buy a stock after you sell a stock. These are all things that you will learn along the way.
At the time of this writing, Robinhood does not yet allow buying of fractional shares. This only means that if I want to buy 1 share of MSFT (Microsoft) I have to buy the entire share currently trading somewhere around $170 per share. STASH on the other hand allows for fractional shares. This means that if I only have $5 in my STASH account I can actually buy $5 worth of 1 share of MSFT. If MSFT goes up 10% so does my $5 fractional share, giving me $5.50.
Back to my plan. I will be placing trades using both accounts. I will mostly be making swing trades, but in my STASH account I will make a mix of long-term investments that will pay dividends as well as swing trades compounding my returns for faster growth. Each time I make a trade in either of these two accounts I will post screen shots of the trades showing my profits or losses if I have made a bad trade. I will post the trade number so that you can track the progression of my trades. This may give you a better idea of what to expect in your own trading. Please understand that this will be a long journey. Patience and persistence is key. It will take me a few days to get my accounts ready to go, but as soon as I do you will start seeing my trades.
My wish is for you to be given the courage to start your journey to wealthy success! Let's GO!

Comments

Fan Voted Favorite Posts!