Book Review: A Chance Inheritance by Carolyn Brown (Audible Original)




If you read my review of Audible then you know I'm kind of on a journey of rediscovering Audible and all that it has to offer these days. One thing it now offers is a category of books called "Audible Originals". These are books written by world-famous storytellers and produced in Audible's studios. Many of these Audible Originals are included in your monthly subscription plan, and some will cost you 1 credit. 

I decided yesterday to listen to one of these Audible Originals yesterday while taking a trip about 90 minutes away from our home. I picked a book that would fit into the drive time there and back. They have a vast selection of these shorter books and this particular one was just a tad over 2 hours...Perfect!

So to start this review let me first tell you that I am NOT a "storybook" type of reader. I almost feel after reading a story that I have wasted a few hours of my life that could have been better spent on self-improvement (which I desperately need). So for me to say that I was actually entertained and enjoyed listening to a story for 2 hours is a huge thing! I actually enjoyed the story and plan on listening to more of these in the coming days.

But...let's be honest! Who wouldn't enjoy a story that has elements such as fishing, old men, Jack Daniels whiskey, a shameless hooker, a runaway bride, and is set on the banks of the Red River in north Texas. 

The story has almost zero strong language, and no explicit adult content. In my opinion it would have a very mild PG rating if on the big screen. 

I am really impressed with the author's ability to give such a clear picture of who the characters are and make you feel as though you know them personally without making the story feel rushed in any way. 

The Narrator is Brittany Pressley. She does a great job of helping you distinguish between each character, making them believable in their speech. She has a great energy in her delivery, and I look forward to hearing more from her.

On the Audible App this book currently has a star rating of 4.2 based on 2,799 reviews. I would say this is a fair rating and would recommend this book to anyone.


Before you buy another book check out the Kindle Unlimited Membership Plans

Comments

Fan Voted Favorite Posts!