BigDaddyBigz Book Review: 1000 Dollars & An Idea by Sam Wyly

Tap the image for more reviews and info on book.

Quotes from the book:

"Many people yearn for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, but have no idea how to find a rainbow!" 



"You have to love what you do! Earning a living is a distant second to what you do."


"Reading is one of the keys to success, because if you won't admit what you don’t know you will never discover what you need to know!"




Sam Wyly, a Louisiana native has an amazing story! I was referred to this book by a friend from church who is on an extended visit from Canada to hear in Louisiana. I am somewhat embarrassed that as a native Louisianan myself, I had to hear about Sam Wyly from someone who lives as far away as Canada. I am so grateful that he did refer me, and I'll explain why.

Sam was born in Lake Providence, LA when my dad was 3 years old. My dad was born and raised 29  miles from Sam in a town called Tallulah, LA. In the book Sam mentions the rivalry between their two schools and his battle cry which he has used throughout life, "BEAT TALLULAH!" I can't help but wonder if my dad had possibly bumped into Sam at one of those ballgames. I'll never know, but it is kinda neat to think of it as a possibility. On to the review.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Listening to the Audible version was quite entertaining. Phil Gigante did a great job of pulling the listener into the story and keeping your attention. I was utterly astounded by the amount of high profile businessmen, people of fame, and political figures of the past and present. Sam has lead an incredibly full life and yet has remained a man of simplicity. 

This book is important to anyone who has aspirations of business success. I was intrigued by his detail in the inner workings of a hostile business takeover. It was actually fascinating without getting the reader bogged down in a lot of technical jargon of the nature of such an endeavor. 

Sam gives a good amount of advice throughout the book that is not only applicable to business, but also to life in general. $1000 & An Idea is not really a step by step guide to building a business. It is a step by step guide of failure and success. If you want to fly high in business you need to learn as much as you can from others who have gained altitude. Add Sam's story to your library. The nuggets contained therein are priceless. Reading the biographies of successful entrepreneurs will change the way your brain operates in turn changing the way you do life. 

I hope you get Sam's book, and I hope you enjoyed my review. Be a blessing to someone. Peace! 

Before you buy another book check out the Kindle Unlimited Membership Plans

Comments

Fan Voted Favorite Posts!