BigDaddyBigz Book Review: The Sin of Certainty by Peter Enns

Click the image above for more reviews of this book!

**WARNING**This book may hurt your feelings, but I prmise you will not die!**


Have you ever read a book and thought that everyone needs to read it? Well, this ain't that book. Or maybe everyone needs to read it....I'm not entirely sure. You see, this book and author really resonate with me. I read, enjoy, and understand where Peter is coming from. Why? Because he speaks to the things I have watched all of my life, asks the same questions I have asked as a result of what I've watched, then gently and thoroughly answers those tough questions. On the other hand, my wife was not able to finish the book. She is my exact opposite. She has neither had the questions, asked the questions, nor has she ever had a problem with anything she has ever seen in the way she has been taught the Bible. Is she wrong? NO! We are simply walking on the same path to the same destination but in different lanes in different locations on the path. This means our experiences have been and may continue to be different.

Some folks will read this book and laugh at Peter's wit and snarkiness, and shout amen when he bundels it all together neatly at the end. The problem is getting through some of the really tough stuff that he punches us with throughout the book. 

If you read some of his reviews here on the author's page you will see that he has disturbed the peace of many readers. I point you to this to tell you that this may not be a good starter book when diving into the Peter Enns waters, but if you do at least read through to the end. A better book of his to start with is The Bible Tells Me So or How The Bible Actually Works, both by Peter Enns and both reviewed on this website. 

All in all, I am certain that every modern day Christian needs to read this book....I'm also certain that many will not like what it says, but many will grow exponentially because of what they find here. If you have questions your pastor can't or won't answer, this book is for you. If you are discouraged in your walk with God, this book is for you. If you are ready to get off the milk of the Word and onto the meat but you just don't know what to do, this book is for you. And lastly, and most importantly, if you are at a place like I was once upon a time where you feel like you cannot continue to believe this Bible stuff anymore and are about to give it all up, please, READ OR LISTEN TO THIS BOOK! You more than anyone else are ready to recieve and enjoy what is written in this book. You're who it was written for! Get your copy here!


Before you buy another book check out the Kindle Unlimited Membership Plans

Comments

Fan Voted Favorite Posts!