Book Review: Tent of David by Boaz Michael

Click the image to read more reviews.

In this book Boaz Michael takes a quote from the book Pirkei Avot (Chapters of the Fathers) that reads like this: "All my days have I grown up among the wise and I have not found anything better for a man than silence. Studying Torah is not the most important thing rather fulfilling it. Whoever multiplies words increases sin." Pirkei Avot 1:17 
I really need to internalize that quote!! 
This book has taken me some time to read. At times I had to force myself to continue. Not because of any criticism I can gather about the content of the book, but because of my own discomfort given to me from the mirror it holds up from my past actions. Oh how I have been the very person that this book is talking about. Many of the lessons it warns of I have already lived. This is truly a book that I wish I had read 4 years ago. It would have saved myself and others a whole lot of grief that I was causing.
If you are someone who has recently started exploring the Jewishness of Jesus and the historical context of the Bible, please get this book and read it. You will do yourself and everyone around you a huge service by reading it. This I can promise. 
The book is written in simple to read, conversational type language. It is very pointed yet dripping with grace and understanding. Boaz does an excellent job of educating us on not only what we may be doing incorrectly, but actually breaks down a more solid yet gentle approach to rebuilding the Tent of David.  

Beekeeping Tutorials

BigDaddyBigz Book Reviews

My GPS Forex Trading Robot 3 Diary

Monthly Financial Roundups!


Before you buy another book check out the Kindle Unlimited Membership Plans

Comments

Fan Voted Favorite Posts!